Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- WHY BOOK WITH MIND THE GAP?
- Small groups, local guides and a smattering of quirky history reveals a London not found in the guide books.
- As for the name "Mind The Gap" this was first used in 1968 by London Underground, and it has become a definitive daily sound of the city.
- WHAT LANGUAGE IS SPOKEN?
- All tours are conducted in English only
- WHAT ARE THE GROUP SIZES?
- The maximum size on all tours is 14 participants, with an average of only 8 people
- WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
- Our tours depart come rain or shine. London is technically drier than Rome or Jerusalem, so you should be pleasantly surprised.
- DO I NEED TO BOOK IN ADVANCE?
- Yes. Our guaranteed small groups mean that it is essential to make an online reservation prior to arrival
- DO YOU TAKE LASTMINUTE BOOKINGS?
- Yes. Ring +44(0)776831005 and we can advise you of availability and payment options.
- ARE THE TOURS GUARANTEED TO DEPART?
- Yes. No matter whether it is 2 or 12 people booked all our tours are guaranteed to run.
- WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
- We offer a full refund or change of date for amendments outside 72 hours of departure. Inside 72 hours 100% cancellation charges apply.
- CAN I CHANGE MY DATE?
- Yes. We allow one FOC date change outside of 72 hours of departure. All changes are subject to availability.
- HOW FAR DO WE WALK / CYCLE?
- In general the bike tours cover 8 miles on flat, traffic-free routes.
The walking tours can cover 3-4 miles, so make sure you wear some comfortable footwear.
Any person of a reasonable fitness level will be able to complete all tour itineraries.
- DO YOU HAVE ANY AGE LIMITS?
- It is more about attitude than age, but we do request that Drink London participants are over 18 years of age to enjoy this experience to its full.
- Anyone over 5ft (1.5m) tall will be able to join us for the bike tours.
- CAN WE BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR?
- Yes. Please email us for bespoke itinerary options & pricing.
- WHERE DO WE MEET?
- All tours depart from main transport stations across London, and close to a coffee shop & bathroom if you require these facilities prior to joining the tour.
Eat London: Brixton Underground Station (Outside Starbucks)
Drink London: London Bridge Mainline Train Station (Outside Cafe Nero Express on the end of Platform 13)
Street Art Explorer: Old Street Underground Station (Outside Shoreditch Grind coffee house on Orange Subway exit / Moorfields Eye Hospital)
Bike Windsor Castle: Windsor & Eton Riverside Train Station (Outside Riverside Coffee Shop on main station concourse)
Bike Hampton Court: Hampton Court Train Station (Next to Coffee Bay on main station concourse)
Visit the Transport for London Journey Planner for more help in planning your arrival itinerary.
- WHATS INCLUDED / EXCLUDED?
- Each tour includes the services of an English speaking guide for the duration of the tour.
Food, drink, gratuities and items of a personal nature are not included except for the Eat London itinerary where a selection of tastings is provided
Each bike tour includes the hire of a vintage-style bike, basket (optional) and helmet (optional).
Just bring some suitable clothing, a splash of spending money, good sense of humour and a small sense of adventure.
P.S. Don't forget a well charged camera or phone for all those great photo opportunities along the way...
- WHAT IF I AM LATE?
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes in advance of start time, or you risk us leaving without you. In lost or late please ring +44(0)7768310005 and we will try to connect you with the guide
- CAN I BRING MY LUGGAGE?
- Most tours cover a lot of ground, so are unsuitable for large or bulky luggage to be carried. Please email us and we will suggest a suitable alternative.
- DO WE HAVE TO TIP THE GUIDE?
- If you feel your guide has done a sterling job, then a small tip is never expected but always appreciated. A simple "Thankyou" or "High-Five" is a worthy alternative too.
- CAN I WORK FOR MIND THE GAP TOURS?
- If you can deliver exceptional small group experiences, combined with a fun loving knowledge of London & genuine passion for excellent customer service then please send us your CV.
- I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION...
- Drop us a line and we will respond as quickly as we can.
“Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.”