Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- WHY BOOK WITH MIND THE GAP?
- Small groups, local guides and a smattering of quirky history reveals a London not found in the guide books.
- As for the name "Mind The Gap" this was first used in 1968 by London Underground, and it has become a definitive daily sound of the city.
- WHAT LANGUAGE IS SPOKEN?
- All tours are conducted in English only
- WHAT ARE THE GROUP SIZES?
- The maximum size on all tours is 14 participants, with an average of only 8 people
- WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
- Our tours depart come rain or shine. London is technically drier than Rome or Jerusalem, so you should be pleasantly surprised.
- DO I NEED TO BOOK IN ADVANCE?
- Yes. Our guaranteed small groups mean that it is essential to make an online reservation prior to arrival
- DO YOU TAKE LASTMINUTE BOOKINGS?
- Yes. Ring +44(0)776831005 and we can advise you of availability and payment options.
- ARE THE TOURS GUARANTEED TO DEPART?
- Yes. No matter whether it is 2 or 12 people booked all our tours are guaranteed to run.
- WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
- We offer a full refund or change of date for amendments outside 72 hours of departure. Inside 72 hours 100% cancellation charges apply.
- CAN I CHANGE MY DATE?
- Yes. We allow one FOC date change outside of 72 hours of departure. All changes are subject to availability.
- HOW FAR DO WE WALK / CYCLE / PADDLE?
- In general the bike tours cover 8 miles on flat, traffic-free routes.
The walking tours can cover 3-4 miles, so make sure you wear some comfortable footwear.
Our kayak tour is a very gentle paddle covering around a mile of river.
Any person of a reasonable fitness level will be able to complete all tour itineraries.
- DO YOU HAVE ANY AGE LIMITS?
- It is more about attitude than age, but we do request that Drink London participants are over 18 years of age to enjoy this experience to its full.
- Anyone over 5ft (1.5m) tall will be able to join us for the bike tours.
- Our tours are generally recommended for children over the age of 11 to enjoy them to their full. Please note other restrictions regarding height & swimming ability may apply to certain itineraries.
- CAN WE BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR?
- Yes. Please email us for bespoke itinerary options & pricing.
- WHERE DO WE MEET?
- All tours depart from main transport stations across London, and close to a coffee shop & bathroom if you require these facilities prior to joining the tour.
Eat London: Brixton Underground Station (Outside Starbucks)
Drink London: London Bridge Mainline Train Station (Outside Cafe Nero Express on the end of Platform 13)
Street Art Explorer: Old Street Underground Station (Outside Shoreditch Grind coffee house on Orange Subway exit / Moorfields Eye Hospital)
Bike Windsor Castle: Windsor & Eton Riverside Train Station (Outside Riverside Coffee Shop on main station concourse)
Bike Hampton Court: Hampton Court Train Station (Next to Coffee Bay on main station concourse)
Kayak Windsor: Alexandra Gardens, Windsor (Next to the WW2 Hurricane Fighter Plane)
Visit the Transport for London Journey Planner for more help in planning your arrival itinerary.
- WHATS INCLUDED / EXCLUDED?
- Each tour includes the services of an English speaking guide for the duration of the tour.
Food, drink, gratuities and items of a personal nature are not included except for the Eat London itinerary where a selection of tastings is provided
Each bike tour includes the hire of a vintage-style bike, basket (optional) and helmet (optional).
Just bring some suitable clothing, a splash of spending money, good sense of humour and a small sense of adventure.
P.S. Don't forget a well charged camera or phone for all those great photo opportunities along the way...
- WHAT IF I AM LATE?
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes in advance of start time, or you risk us leaving without you. If lost or late please ring +44(0)7768310005 and we will try to connect you with the guide
- CAN I BRING MY LUGGAGE?
- Most tours cover a lot of ground, so are unsuitable for large or bulky luggage to be carried. Please email us and we will suggest a suitable alternative.
- DO WE HAVE TO TIP THE GUIDE?
- If you feel your guide has done a sterling job, then a small tip is never expected but always appreciated. A simple "Thankyou" or "High-Five" is a worthy alternative too.
- CAN I BRING A DOG?
- We all love dogs at Mind The Gap Tours, but unfortunately we cannot cater for them on any of itineraries and many places we do visit will not allow access. Sorry Fido!
- CAN I WORK FOR MIND THE GAP TOURS?
- If you can deliver exceptional small group experiences, combined with a fun loving knowledge of London & genuine passion for excellent customer service then please send us your CV.
- I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION...
- Drop us a line and we will respond as quickly as we can.
“Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.”